This week there was a lot of talk in the media about Blue Monday – the most depressing day of the year! I’m not sure I go with that, but there is a general air of lethargy around in January.
Whether it is the dark, damp days, the post-Christmas lack of cash or the fact that many people have coughs and colds, it can be very difficult to motivate yourself to do anything, let alone cleaning. All you want to do is snuggle under the duvet with a hot chocolate and watch a film.
But, when you are there on the sofa all you can see are cleaning jobs that need doing and you really can’t be bothered……..
Here’s a few reminders to inspire you to get up off the couch and get stuck into those cleaning jobs.
- You know that room you thought you’d clean-out on a rainy day? Well now is (probably) a rainy day! Get stuck in with a bin bag and a charity box and clear it out.
- Cleaning is good for losing weight – ironing and vacuuming can be part of your 30 minutes exercise per day.
- Remember how good the house looks when it is clean.
- Put the music on loud, I like a bit of Meat Loaf to get me going with the duster.
- Spring IS on its way and the tidier you keep the house now, the less there is to spring clean. Then you can spend more time enjoying the warmer weather and light evenings.
- When you have done some cleaning, you don’t feel guilty about snuggling under the duvet with a hot chocolate watching a film.
And here are some tips to lighten the load:
- Make it a family affair – if you all do ½ and hour at the weekend or 10minutes per weekday you can keep on top of it.
- Do jobs that make a big difference first – loading the dishwasher, putting the laundry away, clearing out newspapers and vacuuming all make a big impact as you clear surfaces and it looks so much better.
- Do a list of jobs that you can tick off. It shows just how much progress you have made.
- The house doesn’t have to look perfect. Make sure it is not a health hazard, e.g. keep the kitchen clean but having a life is more important than a spotless house.
I have a number of clients whom I clean for on a regular basis and this really keeps on top of the chores. If you don’t have time to clean, why not give me a call on 07530 103270